Thursday, December 17, 2009

[updated] SOS Workshop... Online?

If you're interested, please write me an email using signup(at)spungella.com and put "SO Workshop" in the subject line!

___[update]___

WOW! I just got to my mail and holy moly, that's quite a demand!! Thanks everybody! Alright, so this advanced from a "maybe, if there are enough people" to "Hell yeah, I need more days in the week!" :)

In terms of who will be in it, I will have to go by "first come first served". So, sorry for those who heard about it later than others. I will check time stamps of the emails and comments and go from there.

Start date would still be around February to coincide with the start of the on-site workshops. I don't want to overlap too much since I'd like a break every now and then as well, especially for family time.

I'll set up a proper site and email for future sign-ups, just like the SOS Workshops. I guess this one will be called SOL Workshop. :) And no, it doesn't stand for sh*t out-of-luck ;)
Actually, since "online" is one word, it should be SO Workshop.

Keep posting comments if you have any feedback, concerns or if you are interested!
______________________________________________________

Hey guys, quick survey.

I'm thinking about adding an on-line extension to the SOS Workshops for those who can't make it to the on-site sessions. The model would be something like this:

- 7 animators tops

- each animator gets one day (Monday through Sunday) during which I would dedicate a certain amount of time for feedback/lectures. By that I mean: the animators can email me their work (attachment. link, etc.) at any time, any day, as always, but just like the on-site workshop has a session once a week, there would be a session once a week for each online workshop. Instead of piling up feedback for everybody during one day, each animator has his/her above mentioned set day as a weekly deadline.

- feedback will be in-depth and workshop animators will always get feedback priority (versus animators that I don't know who just send me emails, they will have to wait their turn (sorry!))

- there are advantages to the on-site workshops, so since the online-workshops are "limited' in that regard, the price will be cut in half, so $400 for 16 sessions per animator

It's not going to happen immediately this week, but depending on demand I could open this up pretty soon (February?).

Sooooo... if you're interested, leave a comment and spread the word.

Thanks!!
JD


30 comments:

Addy said...

I'm in :)
Yay!!!

Daniel said...

I've been meaning to e-mail you about this. I would also be in on the first class if you do it. Sign me up :)

Unknown said...

Tres interested.

jim said...

Um, yes. Can we just send you bags full of money now, or do we have to wait?

Unknown said...

Im interested.

Rico said...

sounds good for me living in LA.

Anand said...

I wanna take the class too.. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm absolutely interested.

Luke Burnet said...

Great idea :). I'm interested. Imho February is ok.

SEB said...

I'm in too :D:D.

Dieter Wagner said...

I would be interested as well!

Hammy said...

HAHA See JD? Told you there would be demand. :D I would totally do this if I am an online student. I will get the words out to my friends in my country too but it seems like you are going to get more than 7 animators already. :D

Carlos Fins said...

I would be very interested as well. :)

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Alright! Thanks for all the interest! I will email out who made it in and keep the rest for a waiting list (there are always people who change their mind right before the start).

Jim, you can send me bags of money at any time, workshop or not. :)

Bernie Warman said...

Wow! I guess the guys in Brazil will have to get in the fight for a spot!

Anonymous said...

Darn it! The one week I don't check your blog everyday you go spring this on us? So unfair! :)

How do I get priority notice for future online class please?

ak

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Mad as I am, I'm probably going to add a second online workshop. But you need to either post with your username (not anonymously) or email me so I can I add you to the list.

Hammy said...

Woah JD you are the most insanely hardworking animator alive ever. I don't think I know another animator that would take on so many students!!!!!

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Well, I won't always have that time or energy. But now I do, so I might as well go full steam! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks Jean! I sent you an email. Hope I get in. May even inspire me to set up an actual blog contact of my own :)

ak

Lukas Niklaus said...

Really Great idea...

Id love to be part of it after completing the AM Program.

Jessica Tóth said...

Hey Jean, I'm interested. Please sign me up for the next or the next after the next workshop :)

Marcelo said...

I'd love to join!

Mike B said...

I'm interested.

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Alright everybody, you have to help me out tracking down some emails. If you comment on here and are interested but don't have a website with contact info available, then email me using:

signup(at)spungella(dot)com

This goes specifically for:

- Carlos Fins
- Daniel Caylor

Some people have sites, but no email, some have blogs with no email, or vimeo accounts and no email, etc. etc. :)

What if a recruiter is trying to contact you for a job? Don't make it so hard guys!!

Alex said...

Hey JD! I know I'm super late on this, but is the online workshop still going on? I'd definitely be interested!

- Alex Curtis
www.awtcurtis.com
awtcurtis@gmail.com

anim_ziggy said...

Yep I hope I'm not late either I'm in too.

Jean-Denis Haas said...

If you're interested, please write an email to signup(at)spungella.com and put "SO Workshop" in the subject line. Thanks!

anim_ziggy said...

Yeah I did sorry I read the details properly afterwards ;+) I'm on the list

thanks for getting back.

Jean-Denis Haas said...

No worries, just wanted to make sure that I catch everybody. It's easier to manage signups via email than comments. :)