Monday, November 29, 2010

Tangled was awesome

Congratulations to everybody involved! The movie was really good and the animation was absolutely out of this world and, to me, set a new standard (the horse Maximus... holy moly). Everything was so appealing, the poses were great, the designs fantastic, it was just all in all a Disney movie how I remembered it yet still new enough. And it was great as a CG movie. I read many comments where people would have preferred a 2D version of it (and I admit I often say the same thing, especially after going through art-of books, where I long for 2D versions), but this time I have to disagree, I absolutely loved the look and style. I want to see the movie again and I would love to see many more like this. And it's great to see that the box office numbers are high as well, it's so deserved.

5 comments:

Hammy said...

I like the thugs most!! But of course like everyone said, Maximus stole the show!! :D

Daniel Huertas said...

It DID set a new standard in animation... just awesome!

Thomas Grummt said...

I couldn't agree more. One of my favourite CG films of the last few years, I hope there is more to come! Bring on the sniffin' dog horses :)

Richie said...

cant wait to watch this one, got the art of book already but should I watch this is 3d or normal?

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Totally up to you. 3D is stroby for me and the image is dimmer. Plus I already wear glasses so it's glasses over glasses. All in all I choose 2D over 3D if the theater has both.