Saturday, May 12, 2012

Flipbook - iPad animation app

I have a few different apps and they all have their strengths and weaknesses and so far I'm partial to Animation Creator because of its real time scrubbing and audio support and clean interface. The layer function is good too.


Animation Desk feels a bit cluttered at the beginning interface wise but has awesome features as well. For instance you can move around a piece of cloth around the drawing area which serves as a wrist resting area. That way you can place your hand on the screen and it won't recognize it as a drawing command.


I wish both had an easier layer/BG tool though, where you can easily create a BGs and stretch it out over a certain length of time without duplicating each frame. Also, when in frame edit mode, it's a merged view of all the layers/BGs and it would be cool have a broken up view for each layer.

But "Flipbook" for the iPad looks very promising as well (trying it out now). Check out the video tutorial:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about palm rejection?

Jean-Denis Haas said...

I don't remember that feature when I tried it, but I could be wrong. I haven't used it since I tested it, wasn't my favorite. The layer option is just not what I was looking for.