Tuesday, March 23, 2010

End of second SOS Workshop!


Last Thursday was the last session of the second Spungella On-Site Workshop! Although the group was smaller than the first one, I sure had as much fun as before. You guys were great and thank you very much for attending those weekly animation meetings!

Joey, thanks for the amazing reference footage! APPROVED!
Josh, thanks for introducing "actually" to my regular conversations. Actually, thanks for NOTHING!!
Ivy, can't wait to see your spaghetti monster thesis fully realized!
Sunny, your martial arts movie recommendation was awesome, seeing how you enjoyed the footage was scary. ;)
Annie, you have some of the weirdest and most creative shot ideas I've seen. So. Awesome.
Dean, thanks for helping out setting up the room and putting it back to what it was, thanks for being patient despite all my notes for your shots and thanks for creeping me out with the shot about the guy and his love for dismembered legs. :)
Bernie, it's always a pleasure to have you show up on Thursday, or Tuesday, or any other day you might show up.

THANKS GUYS!!

5 comments:

Dean said...

thanks for sharing your creepy critique, evil eye, joke and everything. anyway, thank you so much JD! you are always the best, my lord~

sunny said...

Thank you JD, I really had a good time during the workshop. even tough our group are small, it is still a great experience to share our work and thoughts with each one.
and I will continue take your workshop :P ,aha, maybe bring more Kungfu moives if you like ^0^
best wishes

sunnyweather

Bernie Warman said...

JD,

Thank you, again, for doing this workshop.
I have been learning ( a lot!) with you in the past 2 years. And I consider my self very lucky to know you and been able to listen to you, at least, once a week.
Rocky said: "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

I am lucky, JD, to have you pointing out my mistakes, telling me where should I improve, preparing us in your workshop to hear the truth and be man enough to take it. Sounds silly, but not all instructors do that.

So, once more, thank you, my Jedi Master, for being honest and inspiring all of us.

From you humble Padawan,

Bernie

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Thanks!!

Joey said...

JD, you are really good inspiration!! everytime when I felt tired, and then I went to workshop I laugh aloud. It was so much fun and I released the stress.
I hope I can have a chance to join the workshop again.
Take care! JD