Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Awesome movie


Just like with Panda I wasn't too intrigued once I saw the first promotional image, but just like with Panda I was proven very wrong. I try to be all mature and judge a movie AFTER I've seen it but sometimes it's difficult not to be judgmental early on. But anyway, I really really liked the movie. Funny story, awesome animation, great designs, great look, great voices (the dad was awesome), not heavy on pop-culture references or contemporary comparisons, etc. etc.

All in all, awesome.

The 3D not so much. Must be my eyes, plus glasses on top of glasses is not ideal for me either. At the beginning it's stroby and eye-straining, and the colors are so muted. Still cool effect, but not essential to the movie (at least for me). Once you can enjoy it without glasses, I'm all for it.

Congratulations Sony, very well done! Can't wait to see more!

- pic source

5 comments:

Joey said...

I love this animation too.
Design and exggerations! Funny Jokes!
the father who has his eyes hidden under the eye brows..that was so funny.

Hammy said...

I love the father most as well. I think he stole the show for me! I can totally relate to the part where his father had to help the main guys. That totally reminded me of my own dad!! :) Mr T's voice is awesome too.

Jean-Denis Haas said...

Yeah, Mr. T was great!

Joey said...

"A film by a lot of people"
That was my favorite part too! haha

Ajit Singh Yadav said...

Waiting to watch it,
Some more Details and Cloudy Animation Reel here:->
http://davidanthonygibson.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/cloudy-animation-now-with-more-meatballs/